Rates and Bills
Diablo Water District is a not for profit Public Agency that is run by local elected officials. All revenues received by the District are used solely for the water system for current operations and maintenance and capital infrastructure replacement (i.e. water main replacement, water reservior rehabilitation, etc.)
The basic water bill consists of a Water Charge based on the amount of water you use, plus a Service Charge to pay the fixed costs of the water system.
Water Charge :
$3.40 per Unit for the first 8 Units
$3.80 per Unit over 8 Units
1 Unit = 100 cubic feet or 748 gallons
Monthly Service Charge :
5/8-inch meter = $17.52 (typical home)
1-inch meter = $43.80
1½-inch meter = $87.60
2-inch meter = $140.16
3-inch meter = $262.80
Senior and Disabled Customer Discount :
- A 25% discount on residential service charges is available for qualifying customers.
- Program details.
Other Charges :
- Check Valve Charge : Monthly charge based on the size of the device being checked: ½ to 2 inch = $4.69
- Late Charge : 5% of balance not paid by delinquent date.
- Trip Charge : $30 per trip to notify customer of disconnection, or disconnect service for non-payment, or to reinstate service.
- Returned Item Charge : $25 per unpaid item returned from bank.
- Call Out Charge : $100 to connect or disconnect water service after 4 p.m. and on weekends.
- Tampering With Locked Service : $150 plus damages.
- Security Deposit : $100 for owners and $200 for tenants, or twice the estimated monthly bill, whichever is greater.