Rates and Bills
Diablo Water District is a not-for-profit Public Agency that is run by local elected officials. All revenues received by the District are used solely for the water system, for current operations and maintenance, and capital infrastructure replacement (i.e., water main replacement, water reservoir rehabilitation, etc.)
The basic water bill consists of a Water Consumption Charge, based on the amount of water you use, plus a Service Charge to pay the fixed costs of the water system. For a full list of water consumption and service charges, please click here.
Water Consumption Charge*:
Tier 1: 0-8 units $2.93 per unit
Tier 2: 9-14 units $4.88 per unit
Tier 3: 15+ units $6.70 per unit
1 Unit = 100 cubic feet or 748 gallons
*Single-Family Volumetric Rates
Monthly Service Charge:
5/8-inch meter = $19.70 (typical home)
1-inch meter = $44.94
1½-inch meter = $87.01
2-inch meter = $137.49
3-inch meter = $297.36
Low Income, Senior and Disabled Customer Discount :
- You, or someone you know, may qualify for a $5 or $10 discount on their Monthly Residential Service Charge. Application for Discounted Monthly Service Charge.
- Usted, o alguien que conoce, puede calificar para un descuento de $5 o $10 en su cargo mensual de servicio residencial. Solicitud del cargo de servicio mensual con descuento.
Other Charges :
- Check Valve Charge: Monthly charge based on the size of the device being checked: ½ to 2-inch = $4.69.
- Late Charge: 7% of balance not paid by delinquent date.
- Trip Charge: $35 per trip to notify customer of disconnection, disconnect service for non-payment, or to reinstate service.
- Returned Item Charge: $30 per unpaid item returned from bank.
- Call Out Charge: $300 to connect or disconnect water service after 4 p.m. and on weekends.
- Tampering With Locked Service: $175 plus damages.
- Application fee: $30 charged to customer's first bill.
- Delinquent Notice Fee: $10 upon mailing of this notice.
- Delinquent Notice - Door Tag: $30 if payment is not made by close of business the day before water is to be disconnected.
- Security Deposit: $100 for owners and $200 for tenants, or twice the estimated monthly bill, whichever is greater.