As the State of California and our local communities mobilize to slow the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), our hearts go out to all those who have been affected by this outbreak.
Here are a few FAQs to help guide you through what Diablo Water District is doing to protect our employees and customers.
Will Diablo Water District be able to continue to supply water during this pandemic?
- Yes, the District has taken numerous precautions for the safety of our employees that will allow us to keep the high quality safe drinking water flowing to your taps.
- Closed our office to the public (effective March 20, 2020)
- Staggering work shifts for our employees to reduce our staff density
- Allowing staff to work from home
- Sanitizing work surfaces and high touch areas frequently
- If you see a field employee please respect the 6ft social distancing protocol
When will the office open to the public?
- The District office's will be closed to the public at least through July 31, 2020. We are still here to help, so feel free to call us (925) 625-3798 or email: email@example.com and we can help process your payment, start/stop water service, or address any other District related concern.
Is our water safe to drink and wash hands with?
- Yes, according to the CDC and other water quality experts, the modern water treatment practices employed by the District are sufficient to protect the safety of the drinking water.
If I am experiencing financial difficulties due to the pandemic, what should I do regarding my water bill?
- Please call or email the water district as soon as possible to discuss payment options. 925-625-3798 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reduce your water use where possible, to help reduce your water bill. Visit our water saving tips page.
Will I be charged a late fee or turned off if I fall behind on payments?
- The District has waived late charges and suspended disconnection of services for non-payment during the COVID-19 shelter in place.
- Starting July 1, 2020 we are requiring all accounts that have past due balances to get on a payment plan. Late fees will be applied to customers that do not agree to a payment plan or that do not comply with the terms of the payment plan.
- We still encourage customers to stay current on their water bills as much as possible. If you need assistance or extended payment arrangements, please call or email our office. 925-625-3798 or email@example.com